08/09/2018 – 08/12/2018: Enchanted Circle Adventure Ride - KTM / AMA National Adventure Riding Series
Details and registration at:
09/07/2018 – 09/09/2018: 34th Annual Bavarian Mountain Weekend Rally
This is a dual sport/adventure bike rally hosted by the Land of Enchantment BMW Riders but is open to all makes of bikes. Full details are at: https://loebmwr.org/TheRally/AboutTheRally.aspx
09/21/2018 – 09/23/2018: Red Rock 100
Full details can be found at Redrock Motorsports website: www.redrockmotorsports.com/
And on their Facebook pages: https://www.facebook.com/GallupOHVMXPark/ and https://mobile.facebook.com/Red-Rock-Motorsports-Club-Inc-218496588166771/
10/19/2018 – 10/21/2018: 7th Annual Rubber Chicken Dual Sport Motorcycle Ride
Details and registration by clicking here: https://nmohva.wildapricot.org/page-1542797
07/19/2018: Santa Fe Forest Plan Revision Open House
The Santa Fe National Forest (SFNF) will host Open Houses to give the public the opportunity to talk with Forest Service specialists about the Forest Plan under revision.
Thursday, July 19 (1:30pm-6:30pm) – Santa Fe NF, 11 Forest Lane, Santa Fe, NM 87508
There is no specific presentation or agenda for this Open Houses. It is instead an informal opportunity for the public to ask questions and for the Forest Service to share information about the revision of the Forest Plan, the comprehensive document that will guide management of all forest resources for the next 10 to 15 years.
This is a chance to share the progress made since the public meetings on Forest Plan Alternatives and Management Areas in March 2017. In previous Open Houses, table topics focused on resource areas, but this upcoming Open Houses will focus on planning topics including Alternatives, Geographic Areas, Management Areas, Monitoring, Wilderness, and Wild and Scenic Rivers. Forest Plan and District specialists will be available to answer questions on resource areas or Forest Planning more generally.
Below is the format for all of this series of Open Houses (Feb – Juy 2018):
- There will not be a presentation or an agenda at the Open Houses. It is a casual opportunity to engage with Forest Service specialists about Forest Plan Revision.
- You can arrive any time, stay for as little or long as you like, and can circulate among Forest Service specialists discussing various resources.
- Open Houses are not part of a comment period so the Forest Serive will not be recording public comments, but specialists may take informal notes during conversations.
- The Forest Service will bring their current work to share with the public and answer questions, but will be reviewing pre-draft material which will not be made available to the public either as a handout or on the website. This is an informal, intermediary step. The Forest Service will bring handouts from previous public meetings, which are available on the website, and there will be opportunities later for public comment on draft work products.
07/18/2018: Carson National Forest Plan Revision Open House
Forest Plan Revision Open House
This is an opportunity to discuss topics and ask question regarding our forest plan revision process.
The Carson National Forest is having another monthly Forest Plan Revision Open House next week:
Wednesday, July 18th from 12:00 noon to 2:00 pm at the Carson NF Supervisor’s Office, 208 Cruz Alta Dr., Taos, NM
07/16/2018: Gila National Forest Plan Revision - Technical Meeting on Monitoring
- Monday, July 16th - Technical meeting on monitoring (9am-1pm), Grant County Conference Center, 3031 Highway 180 East, Silver City, NM. The agenda and discussion questions can be found at this link. Technical meetings are scheduled for an extended period during the day to encourage participation by interested local governments, state/federal agencies, non-governmental organizations, and members of the public with more time for discussion on topics and get into the details more. Please RSVP for the Technical Meetings by email (email@example.com) or call (575-388-8280).