01/16/2018 – 02/15/2018: New Mexico 2018 Regular Legislative Session
01/29/2018: Santa Fe Forest Plan Revision Open House
The SFNF's first 2018 Open House is Monday, January 29 from 1:30-4:00pm at the Supervisorâ€™s Office:
- Topics: Wildlife, Vegetation, Soil, and Forest Plan
- Address: 11 Forest Lane, Santa Fe, NM 87508
A schedule of additional Open Houses in 2018 will soon follow and below is the format for all of theirOpen Houses:
- There will not be a presentation or an agenda at the Open Houses. It is a casual opportunity to engage with Forest Service specialists about Forest Plan Revision.
- You can arrive any time (not just at 1:30 pm), stay for as little or long as you like, and can circulate among Forest Service specialists discussing various resources.
- Open Houses are not part of a comment period so we will not be recording public comments, but specialists may take informal notes during conversations.
- We will bring our current work to share with you and answer your questions, but we will be reviewing pre-draft material which will not be made available to the public either as a handout or on our website. This is an informal, intermediary step. We will bring handouts from previous public meetings, which are available on our website, and there will be opportunities later for public comment on draft work products.
If you have questions please call 505-438-5442, email email@example.com, or mail: Forest Plan Revision, Santa Fe National Forest, 11 Forest Lane, Santa Fe, NM 87508. To learn more, please visit our website: www.fs.usda.gov/goto/santafeforestplan.
02/16/2018 – 02/18/2018: NM Outdoor Adventure Hunting and Fishing Show
Manual Lujan Building, Expo New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM
05/01/2018 – 05/05/2018: 2018 Burro Mountain ATV/UTV Jamboree
2018 Burro Mountain Trail Riders UTV/ATV Jamboree
The Burro Mountain Trail Riders and the Burro Mountain Homestead will once again host the Burro Mountain ATV/UTV Jamboree in the Burro Mountain area of the Gila National Fores near Silver City, NM.
The dates for this year are Tuesday, May 1st thru Saturday May 5th. Wednesday night is a BYOM cook-out at the Corral. For you Chili fans there is a Chili contest/Dinner Thursday night. Geocache event is set up from Tuesday thru Saturday with info. give at Event registration. Biscuits/Coffee on Wed, Fri, Sat, and full breakfast Thurs. Times to be announced. Trail rides are set up Tuesday thru Thursday. Friday will be a day of ATV/UTV games in the "BACK FORTY" and a trail ride after, ending with a hot dog plus cookout on the trail. Saturday will be the POKER RUN and dinner at the Corral with awards and raffle drawing. All meals are included in the entry fee except the BYOM cookout on Wednesday
RV spaces are available, as are rooms at the Lodge. Registration forms will be available in mid March. Hope to see you there!
TENTATIVE 2018 JAMBOREE INFO
Tuesday May 1 First day, ride available starting @ 2 PM.
On your own dinner.
Geocache event info given out at registration, you have all event to complete on your own
Wednesday May 2 Biscuits & Coffee at Corral
Dinner Cookout at Corral BYOM
Thursday May 3 BMA full breakfast
Chili contest/Dinner at Corral
Margaritaville at Corral
Friday May 4 Biscuits & Coffee at Corral
ATV/UTV GAMES-BACK FORTY @ 10:30 A.M.
2 P.M. (approx) Trail Ride & Hot Dog + Cook-out
Saturday May 5 Biscuits & Coffee at Corral
POKER RUN FROM Corral @ 10:00 A.M.
Italian Dinner/Awards/Raffle Drawing at Corral
Hosted by BMA/BMTR
Trail rides will leave from Corral at 10:00 A.M.
Entry fee will include all meals except BYOM Wednesday
entry fee will be $70.00 per person, which includes T-shirt, meals, raffle ticket, plus other goodies.