10/27/2017 – 10/29/2017: NMOHVA's 6th Annual Rubber Chicken Ride
Join NMOHVA for our famous annual dual sport ride! Registration is available at https://nmohva.wildapricot.org/page-1542797
10/11/2017 – 10/14/2017: 27th Annual Chile Challenge
Details and registration information at:
09/30/2017 – 10/01/2017: Red Rock 100 Desert Race
Red Rock 100 Desert Race (dirtbike, quads, possible UTVs).Details at http://www.redrockmotorsports.com/.
09/29/2017: Gila National Forest Plan Revision Technical Meeting
- Technical meetings are typically scheduled for an extended period during the day to encourage participation by interested local governments, state/federal agencies, non-governmental organizations, and members of the public with more time for discussion on topics and get into the details more.
- We are planning several more technical meetings to address the topics that were raised at the first technical meeting in June.
- The next technical meetings have been scheduled for the following dates at the Grant County Conference Center 3031 Highway 180 East, Silver City, NM (although a different room from last time):
- August 22nd : Special Management/Designated Areas (9am-1pm)
- September 12th : Soils/Watershed/Riparian Areas (9am-1pm)
- September 29th : Management and sustainability of Infrastructure (roads, trails, utilities, ROWs) (9am-12pm)
Please RSVP for the Technical Meetings by email (email@example.com) or call (575-388-8280).
09/25/2017: Gila National Forest Plan Revision Open House
- The open house format is a casual opportunity to engage with Forest Service specialists about Forest Plan Revision. There will not be a presentation or an agenda at the Open Houses.
- Stakeholders can arrive any time (not just at the starting time), stay for as little or long as they like, and can circulate among Forest Service specialists discussing various resources
- Open Houses are not necessarily part of a comment period so we will not be recording public comments, but stakeholders are welcome to fill out comment forms or drop off comment letters for consideration.
- The open houses have been scheduled for the following dates:
- August 10th, 1-3:30pm
- August 21st, 1-3:30pm
- September 11th, 1-3:30pm
- September 25th, 1-3:30pm
No RSVP is necessary for the open houses.
All of these open houses will take place at the Gila National Forest Supervisors Office Conference Room at 3005 E. Camino del Bosque, Silver City, NM